As the semester comes to a close I’ve been spending a lot of time running and thinking. I’ve never been one for running; I’d rather ski, hike, rock climb, swim, dance, bike, rollerblade, or do ANYTHING other than run. Now I crave it. It may be because everyone and their dog feels inclined to bring over treats but I think it’s mostly because it gives me time set apart specifically for thinking. I’ve always valued those quiet moments to myself where I can allow my thoughts to take me anywhere. I think it’s important to spend time with yourself and learn independence. If you are not happy alone, being with a person will certainly not bring the desired happiness. Then again, I may be a little too comfortable spending time alone. I will gladly go see a movie by myself! (Can you say Katy Perry movie in Michigan?) So anyways, back to the story. I’ve been running and thinking like it’s my business, and I’ve thought about a lot of things. Some of which I wanted to discuss here.
1. Who invented the heel? Clearly it was an invention for the man. Sure it gives shorties like me height and enhances our calves, but at a high price! I love the elegant feeling of wearing them and it is nice to have an instant butt lift but the blisters on my feet are begging me for forgiveness. “Please Lena! Please put on fuzzy socks and lay in bed!” Ok blisters, if you insist.
2. I had free pizza 4 days last week. I think I could survive never buying groceries, but at the same time I never want a slice of pizza again. This is the great college problem.
3. It is always about God’s timing. It is so easy for me to say ‘everything will work out, I’m sure of it!’ but the act of waiting is so hard. Give me patience and give it to me now. Hahah.
4. I’m going to California during the month of May. If you have any ideas of fun things to do in between LA and San Diego, let me know! My interests include: pretty much everything.
5. I really like the rain. It makes everything (except hair) beautiful. I secretly can’t wait to walk the rainy streets of Germany with my adorable umbrella and sturdy boots. Oh and the smell. Yummmmm. I’m sitting here wishing that a thunderstorm will start so I can dim the lights, cuddle up in countless duvets, and listen to the rain tap on my window. I also love walking in the rain. With you.
6. My roommate Jen is going to Florida with her Cougarette teammates for nationals. I just want to wish them big success! I love you Jennica!
7. All I want to do is listen to Island in the Sun by Weezer. On repeat.
8. I stole a bunch of photos off of Hannah’s camera. Shale I share some? Ok!
And this has been another session of Lena’s Random Thoughts for your April showers. Stayed tuned tomorrow for some rockin’ pictures highlighting the peplum craze.
You guys are simply awesome!
Lena the Lady